Dear North Phoenix Prep Families,
Thanks to everyone who joined us for another fantastic Fine Arts Night last Thursday. What an incredible display of poetic, musical, and artistic skill! The evening was truly magical, and I am so proud of all our students for cultivating beauty and then sharing that gift with us. Bravo!
As we enter the final week of school (can you believe it?) I want to continue our series of Q&A about next year at our new campus. We've covered school hours and traffic flow thus far, and now I'd like to address the matter of summer hours and communication.
As with any move, there will be a period of time when the school's belongings will still be in boxes. We plan to have the entire campus packed and ready to move by the first week of June in order to meet the deadlines established by Great Hearts facilities and our moving company. At the same time, we must wait for our certificate of occupancy in order to open our offices at the new campus. This means that, by necessity, we will remain limited to electronic and telephonic communication during for the majority of the summer. Estimating conservatively, we expect to remain in this phone & email-only mode from June 9th until July 31st. If things change and we can open our offices earlier, then we will, of course, notify families immediately.
Please know that our desire is to continue meeting our families' need for information throughout the summer and that we are committed to continuing this service despite our temporarily limited resources. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding during this logistically challenging time for our school.
Sunday, May 21, 2017
As the last week of 2016-2017 comes to a close, please take note of some important housekeeping details:
- Lost & Found: Items left in the Lost and Found and lunch bins must be claimed by the end of the day on Monday, May 22. Anything left will be donated/discarded.
- Yearbooks: Pre-ordered yearbooks will be distributed during 6th period on Monday, May 22.
- Forgot to order a yearbook? A limited supply of yearbooks will be sold after school in the forum for $35, cash or check only. Sales are first come first serve, while supplies last.
- Textbooks: Students must return all textbooks to class no later than the day of that class's final exam.
- Awards Assembly and 8th Grade Promotion Ceremony: will begin at 10:00 AM, Friday, May 26. Friends and Family are welcome!
- Lockers: should be empty and all personal items must be removed from campus by end of day on Thursday, May 25.
- 8th graders (Rising 9th graders): Your 9th grade retreat to Tonto Creek is August 16-18. Sign up today - deposits are due May 26.
- Final Grades will be available to view in Jupiter on Friday, June 2.
- Important! NPX will discontinue use of the Jupiter portal in the 2017-2018 school year so please archive any narrative reports, files or messages you wish to keep. All Great Hearts Academies will begin using PowerSchools in 2017-2018. Details about access to the new parent portal are coming soon.
- The North Phoenix Prep Book Fair: will run June 1- 4 at the Barnes & Noble at Desert Ridge Marketplace. Support NPX by mentioning the code #12152419 - view/print voucher here.
- View the 2017-2018 Classics to Keep list.
- Watch your inbox: Beginning in June, watch your inbox for monthly communications from North Phoenix Prep about the 2017-2018 school year.
- Important details about uniforms, books, supplies, pick-up/drop-off, etc. are forthcoming.
- Remember to check the calendar on our website for important dates
- August 10, 2017 – First Day of School
- Uniforms will be available from two vendors Anton Uniforms and Dennis Uniform
- Anton will have all NPX items available at their temporary summer store.
Click here for details about location and store hours.
- Dennis - click here for details about location and store hours.
- Please note NPX skirts will NOT be available at Dennis.
Due to the transition to our new campus this summer, North Phoenix Prep will not be able to host the regular summer school session. Luckily, we have an incredible and dedicated faculty eager to provide students and their families with options to keep them on their academic paths to success! This year, our teachers are going the extra mile to design flexible independent study options that will allow students to complete necessary credit recovery without requiring daily classroom attendance. This flexibility means that many aspects of the courses will be determined by the instructor based on the students who ultimately enroll, so please reach out to instructors with your interest and course-specific questions. General questions or questions about credits should be directed to Miss Smith.
Registration & PaymentRegistration and payment will be completed online. Students taking courses for credit recovery (for transfer deficiencies or failed courses) are advised to complete their graduation plan meeting with Ms. Smith prior to registration.
NPX Course OfferingsThis year, we are pleased to offer the following course options for independent study. Interest in individual courses should be directed to the instructor listed below. He or she will then follow up with additional course information. Completed course syllabi have been included when available.
- American History
- Algebra II/Trigonometry
- Calculus I
- Latin (leveled by instructor)
- Fine Arts – Poetry
Due to our move North Phoenix Prep will NOT host summer school classes on camps. The following independent study options are open to Middle School Students.
Online North Phoenix Algebra & Pre-Algebra Summer Program
Online North Phoenix Algebra & Pre-Algebra Summer Program
- North Phoenix Prep will offer an intensive online program from June 1 to June 29 for students who want to be prepared for their upcoming Algebra course. Course content will be delivered through Khan Academy and successful completion will be contingent on passing a cumulative final. Please note that this mode of delivery will require a high level of self-motivation and self-directed learning for successful completion of the lessons and understanding of the concepts.
- Algebra I – For new and incoming 8th-10th grade students or students that need to retake Algebra 1. Successful completion will be based off of a comprehensive final on June 29.
- Pre-Algebra- For new and incoming 7th grade students or students that need to retake Pre-Algebra. Successful completion will be based off of a comprehensive final on June 29.
- Please register online (Cost: $250). More information regarding face to face help sessions and curriculum will be sent to registered parents and students in the middle of May. Questions? Please contact Mr. Huynh THuynh@NorthPhoenixPrep.org
- Interested families should reach out to Magistra La Peter ASAP at firstname.lastname@example.org
NPX Football Summer Camps
- NPX OTA (North Phoenix Prep Organized Team Activities) Camp is for this fall’s 6th, 7th, and 8th graders. The campwill be from 6-7:30 PM Tuesday, May 30 through Friday, June 2 (4 days) at Venturoso Park, 14425 N. 32nd Street. NPX OTA introduces players to the form running, stretching, agilities, drills, offense/defense, games, and nutrition that prepare them throughout the summer for the football season.
- NPX Training Camp is for this fall’s 6th, 7th, and 8th graders. The camp will be from 6-7:30 PM Tue. Aug. 1, Wed. Aug. 2, Thu. Aug. 3, Mon. Aug. 7, and Tue. Aug. 8 (5 days) at the NPX football field (on the new campus across the street from Venturoso Park). Training Camp reviews things learned in the OTA while solidifying offensive plays and defensive fronts.