Shakespeare wrote in Sonnet 18 that "Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines . . ."
While the Bard could not have known the intensity of our Arizona sun, his words certainly have been true over the past few months. The heat is not likely to dissipate for some time, but I do hope that you and yours have either found your way to cooler regions or at least enjoyed a patch of shade. Likewise, I hope and trust that summer has been a restful time of leisure for your family. Let me also add my warmest welcome (pun intended) to those of you who are new to the Phoenix area. I promise that weather does indeed become more temperate here in our fair city.
Lovely as our vacation has been, and although it is hard to believe, school is right around the corner! And this is a particularly action-packed August, with a brand-new campus to move into! Please take note of the following items as you prepare:
- Our new campus sneak peek is August 8th and 9th from 1-4 pm. This is not a programmed event. Rather, it is an open opportunity for families to get a sneak peek at our campus. Our faculty and staff will be actively preparing for the start of school, but all are welcome to locate lockers, find classrooms, and gaze in admiration at our brand new facilities!
- Please note that student schedules and locker numbers will be sent electronically in the beginning of August prior to the start of school. We have also streamlined the process of purchasing school-distributed materials, i.e. no waiting in lines.
- Interested in volunteering? The PSO Lunch Program is a fantastic opportunity to serve.
- Please also review our Traffic Pattern prior to the start of school.
- Our Family Handbook is your source for understanding NPX school policies. Tolle lege.
- Dean Schripsema has a few uniform reminders for all of us.